- The Website is intended for users within Australia and New Zealand only.
2. Access to Services
- Subject to You paying the Subscription Fee, we:
- In order to be able to access the Services, You must complete Your registration details in the manner required on the Website or the associated application. You must ensure that Your registration details are true and accurate at all times, and You must notify us of any change to Your registration details as originally supplied.
- Upon registration, we will send You an email which contains a link which will take You to a page where You will be able to enter a password and activate Your account.
- You must keep Your password confidential and private, and not disclose it to, or share it with, any other person. If You have lost or forgotten Your password, or You have reason to suspect any unauthorised use of Your password, You must immediately reset Your password on the ‘login’ page of the Website (or associated application).
- If You then choose to continue using the Services, You will be invoiced from the day You first add Your billing details into the Services. If You choose not to continue using any of the Services, You may delete Your account in the 'subscription' section of the relevant Services.
2.4 Invited Users
- From time to time, You may request Authentication Credentials to provide Invited Users with access to the Services.
- You may provide Authentication Credentials to Invited Users through a system or third party application (an Authorised System). If You use an Authorised System, or Your Invited Users access the Services via an Authorised System, You will ensure there is a mechanism through which we can accurately identify the date, time and identity of the Invited User accessing the Services.
- We may, from time to time, change and/or reset any Authentication Credentials by written notice to You.
- In relation to any of Your Invited Users:
- You determine who is an Invited User and the level of access to the Services of that Invited User;
- You are responsible for resolving any dispute between You and an Invited User regarding access to the Services;
- You will not transfer or allow to be transferred Authentication Credentials between or amongst Invited Users or other individuals or systems, and You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that Authentication Credentials are not transferred;
- You will conduct regular checks to ensure the integrity of all issued Authentication Credentials;
- You will periodically reset Authentication Credentials to the extent reasonably required by us; and
- You will immediately notify us and take immediate steps to disable an issued Authentication Credential if:
- an Invited User ceases to be employed by, contracted to, or otherwise authorised by You to use the Services;
- any Authentication Credentials are lost, stolen, missing or otherwise compromised; or
2.5 General restrictions
In using the Services, You must not:
- provide us with inaccurate or incomplete information;
- violate any applicable laws, or use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful;
- distribute viruses, spyware, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of any computer hardware or software;
- collect or store data about other users of the Services; or
- engage in any other conduct that is improper or bring us or the Services into disrepute.
- Whilst we endeavour to make the Services available at all times, Your access to the Services may be affected by our network or equipment capacity, connection availability, scheduled or unscheduled downtime for maintenance or development purposes, interruptions which generally affect the internet, or other reasons referred to in paragraph (e). If interruptions or errors occur due to circumstances within our control, we will try to resolve them in a timely way in order to restore Your access.
- If You experience any technical problems, You must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose such problems before contacting us. If You still need technical help, please check the support provided on the Website, or failing that email us at .
- We may impose reasonable usage limitations on support services from time to time, at our discretion. We reserve the right to refuse to provide support services (or require You to pay an additional fee, to be agreed with You, for certain support services), if:
- we consider that any support requests are frivolous, exceed reasonable volumes or are in respect of technical problems or other queries which we have already resolved;
- support requests relating to balancing or reconciling, or issues already covered by the support on the Website; or
- we consider that any support request is actually a request for specific training in connection with Your use of the Services.
- We may suspend or cancel Your access to the Services, either temporarily or permanently, with immediate effect by providing notice to You, if You are abusive or act improperly towards us or any of our directors, officers, employees or contractors in relation to Your use of the Services or any support requested under this clause.
- We may also temporarily limit or suspend access to the Services, with immediate effect, where it is reasonably necessary (including for security, maintenance or public safety reasons, or if there are interoperability, data protection or other operational or technical reasons), and where practicable we will notify You in advance.
We may from time to time and without notice, vary, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any or all of the Services. If You are not happy with any such changes to the Services, You may terminate Your subscription in accordance with clause 6(a).
3. Subscription Fees
- You agree to pay the Subscription Fees to use the Services in accordance to Your Subscription Type. All Subscription Fees are:
- in Australian dollars and inclusive of GST;
- are payable monthly in advance for each monthly period commencing on the date of Your registration and each monthly anniversary thereafter (each a Billing Period); and
- A surcharge may apply for the use of certain credit cards, in which case You will be notified at the time You enter Your credit card details.
- If Your credit card payment is not successfully processed on the first attempt, we will automatically retry four times over a 1 week period before we terminate or suspend Your access to the Services under clause 6(b).
- Invoices will be issued monthly, after we have successfully processed Your payment from Your credit card, for the Subscription Fee for the following Billing Period.
- All invoices will be sent to the email address of Your billing contact whose details are provided by You, and will also be available within the ‘subscription’ section of the relevant Services.
3.3 Changing Subscription Types
- You may subscribe for any Subscription Type and You may request to change Your Subscription Type at any time by making a request via the relevant Services.
- If You need to change Your subscription (for example, to move from one Subscription Type to another, or to increase Your permitted Active Properties), You must do so prior to the effective date of the change. The changes will take effect immediately.
- The Subscription Fee payable by You for the relevant month in which the change to Your subscription takes place will be increased or decreased (as applicable) on a pro rata basis from the date of the change.
3.4 Special Pricing
- At our discretion, we may offer special pricing or discounts on the Subscription Fees for You, for example due to the number of properties that You have added to the Services, or as a result of Your use of the Services for an agreed minimum term (Special Pricing).
3.5 Changes to Subscription Fees
- We may change the Subscriptions Fees at any time by providing You with at least 30 days notice.
- If You are not happy with any such changes to the Subscription Fees, You may terminate Your subscription in accordance with clause 6(a).
4. Your Content
- You must not provide any material or content through the Services (Your Content) that:
- infringes the Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of another person;
- is defamatory, offensive, abusive, pornographic, profane or otherwise unlawful, including material that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability;
- creates a privacy or security risk to any person, including by soliciting personal information from any person;
- solicits money from any person;
- is false, misleading or deceptive;
- contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice;
- would harm, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend;
- would reflect negatively on us, including our goodwill, name and reputation;
- tampers with, hinders the operation of, or makes unauthorised modifications to the Website and associated applications; or
- relates to unlawful conduct, would breach any applicable laws, or would otherwise result in civil or criminal liability for You, us or any third party.
- By providing us with any of Your Content, You:
- grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual licence (including a right of sub-licence) to use, copy, modify and otherwise exploit Your Content in any form or on any medium and for any purpose; and
- warrant that You have the right to grant such licence.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us (including any of our directors, officers, employees and contractors) harmless from any claim made by any third party arising out of Your Content.
- We also collect and prepare other de-identified and aggregated statistical data related to Your Content, the use of the Services, and the data within them (Aggregated Data). You acknowledge that we own all right, title and interest in the Aggregated Data, and we may use and commercialise any Aggregated Data as we see fit. We agree not to take any steps (whether through data analytics or otherwise) which will deliberately cause any Aggregated Data to become Personal Information.
- If You are moving from using another property management software platform to manage Your property portfolio to using the Services, You may request our assistance in migrating the data relating to Your property portfolio from that property management software platform to the Services (Data Transfer). Following such request, we will provide You with reasonable assistance in completing the Data Transfer, but You acknowledge and agree that You will be responsible for successfully completing the Data Transfer and having all necessary rights to complete the Data Transfer.
5. Infringing or objectionable content
If You believe the Services contain elements that are objectionable, or infringe copyright or any other rights, please contact us at , and provide particulars of such content and a detailed description of why it is objectionable or infringing.
6. Suspending or cancelling access
- You may cancel Your subscription and access to the Services at any time in the ‘subscription’ section of the relevant Services. Such cancellation will take effect at the end of the then-current Billing Period.
7. Accuracy of information
- All Services are provided in good faith. We derive our information from sources which we believe to be accurate and up-to-date. We nevertheless:
- do not guarantee the information contained within the Services is reliable, accurate, up-to-date or complete, or that Your access to that information will be uninterrupted, timely or secure;
- do not give You any assurances that any information contained in the Services will meet Your requirements or be suitable for Your purposes;
- reserve the right to update any information contained in the Services at any time; and
- do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of Your reliance on the accuracy of information contained in the Services.
- The Services are not designed or intended for use (and must not be relied on) as a substitute for accounting, legal or any other advice, including in relation to relevant property and real estate laws and legal requirement, investment reporting, compliance or other associated matters. We do not warrant that Your use of the Services will make You compliant with the relevant laws that affect You or Your business. You must not rely on any information or its availability, and You must make Your own independent assessments with the aid of qualified independent advice.
- The Services do not constitute the provision of ‘personal advice’ or ‘general advice’ as those terms are defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and Corporations Regulations 2001 (Cth).
- Some of the information on our Website or associated applications may be provided by third parties, including Bing Maps, Google Maps, Dynamic Methods Pty Ltd, Proviso Pty Ltd and Xero Limited (Third Party Data). While we believe that these third parties are reliable sources of this information, we cannot guarantee that this information is always accurate, up-to-date or complete.
- Third Party Data is provided to You without taking into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any individual. You are advised not to rely on the Third Party Data in any way as the basis for entering into any commercial, financial or other transaction. Before making any investment decision, an individual should consider the appropriateness of the advice to their circumstances, and obtain specific financial, legal and taxation advice.
- While every effort has been made to show as accurately as possible the colours of any content forming part of the Services, we cannot guarantee that Your computer monitor will display the colour of such content accurately.
- The material provided and views expressed by other users of the Services are the materials of those users and are not ours.
8. Specific warnings and disclaimers
- You must only use the Services for lawful purposes, and ensure that Your access to the Services is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to You.
- You must take Your own precautions to ensure that the processes which You employ for accessing the Services does not expose You to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage Your computer systems. We recommend that You install and use up-to-date anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software on Your computer systems.
- We do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to Your computer systems which arises in connection with Your use of the Services or any linked website referred to in clause 11.
9. Limited warranties and liability
- In particular, and without limiting paragraph (a):
- while we endeavour to provide convenient and functional Services, we do not guarantee that Your requirements will be met or that Your use of the Services will be uninterrupted, error free or that our Website and associated applications are free of viruses or other harmful components;
- we cannot be responsible for any loss, corruption or interception of data sent to or from the Services which occurs outside of our computer systems (such as those which occur while being sent over the internet); and
- whilst we have no reason to believe that any information contained in the Services is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information, nor do we undertake to keep the Services updated.
- in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- in the case of services, the supplying of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Subject to our obligations under the Non-Excludable Provisions, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not liable for, and no measure of damages will, under any circumstances, include:
- special, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages; or
- damages for loss of profits, revenue, goodwill, anticipated savings or loss or corruption of data.
- Our liability to You is diminished to the extent that Your acts or omissions (or those of a third party) contribute to or cause the loss or liability.
- The exclusions and limitations of liability in this clause 9 apply regardless of the basis on which such liability arises, whether in contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute, under an indemnity or on any other basis.
10. Linking to this Website
- We encourage You to provide links to our Website. While You may use the name “www.propertyme.com” or “PropertyMe” in the text of any such link, You may not use our logo or any of our other trade marks without our prior written consent.
- You must not frame our Website or associated applications, or represent or imply that any part of the Services belongs to anyone other than us.
- If we notify You that we object to the manner in which You provide links to our Website, You must immediately cease providing such links.
11. Links and advertisements
- The Services may contain links to other third party websites, and also advertisements which include embedded links.
- We have not reviewed any of the sites linked to the Services and we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Services.
- Responsibility for the content of any advertisements appearing in the Services (including hyperlinks to advertisers’ own websites) rests solely with the advertisers.
- The inclusion of any link or advertisement does not imply that we recommend or endorse the linked site or the subject matter of the advertisement, and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with its advertisement.
12. Intellectual property rights
- All of our Intellectual Property Rights are protected by the laws in force in Australia from time to time.
- We (or our licensors) retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Services, and nothing You do with or in relation to the Services will transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to You or, except for the licence referred to in clause 2.1(b)(ii), licence You to exercise any Intellectual Property Rights unless this is expressly stated.
- You will not, and You will not allow or permit any other person to:
- copy, modify or create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of or in connection with the Services;
- sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in or to the Services; or
- use or refer to the Services in developing any competitive good or service.
- Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which is attached the ™ or ® symbol is a trade mark. If You use any of our trademarks in reference to our activities, products or services, You must include a statement attributing that trade mark to us. You must not use any of our trade marks:
- in or as the whole or part of Your own trade marks;
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or the Services.
- The permissions referred to in paragraphs (b) and (e) and clause 2.1(b)(ii) will immediately cease if Your access to the Services is suspended or cancelled under clause 2.6(d), 2.6(e) or 6.
13. Privacy and security
- In using the Services, You may give us Personal Information.
- By using the Services, You:
- establish and maintain appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational security measures in accordance with good industry practice to keep such Personal Information secure.
- We may use and disclose to our service providers anonymous data about Your use of the Services for the purpose of helping us to improve the Services. Any such disclosure will not include Personal Information.
- When requested, You must take all other actions that we deem reasonably necessary to maintain or increase the security of our computing systems and networks and Your access to the Services. When accessing and using the Services, You must:
- not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of our computing systems or networks or, computing systems and networks of any third party host;
- not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services;
- not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any materials other than those to which You have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted; and
- without limiting clause 4, not transmit, or input into Services, any files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or data in violation of any law.
- Your access to and use of the Service may be subject to limitations, including to monthly transaction volumes and the number of calls You are permitted to make against our application programming interface. Any such limitations will be advised.
14. Force Majeure
- Your use of the Services is conducted electronically and You agree that we may communicate with You electronically for all aspects of Your use of the Services, including sending You electronic notices.
- No waiver, delay or failure by us to take any action shall constitute or be construed as a waiver of that or any other term, condition, option, privilege or right we may have.
Authentication Credential means the username and password or any other means of authentication which an Invited User uses to gain access to the Services.
Billing Period has the meaning given in clause 3.1(a)(ii).
Intellectual Property Rights means all intellectual property rights of whatever nature throughout the world arising out of or connected with the Services including all rights conferred under statute, common law or equity, whether existing now or at any time in the future, including all rights in and to any patents, patent applications, business names, trade names, domain names, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, circuit layout rights, designs, confidential information, know-how, technical information, data or developments.
Invited User means each person (including Your directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, service providers and clients) that You invite and/or permit to access and use the Services.
Non-Excludable Provision has the meaning given in clause 9(d).
Personal Information has the meaning given in the Privacy Act.
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Services means the online property services made available via the Website and associated applications.
Special Pricing has the meaning given in clause 3.4(a).
Subscriber means the person or entity who registers to use the Services and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Services.
Subscription Fee means the monthly fee (including any taxes and duties) payable by You as specified on the Website or associated application, as amended in accordance with clause 3.5.
Subscription Types means the varying levels of access to the Services, including Services where You pay a Subscription Fee, and time limited and feature limited trial access of the Services.
Third Party Data has the meaning given in clause 7(d).
Website means the PropertyMe website, accessible at www.propertyme.com , and the PropertyMe application accessible:
- for the Subscriber and any Invited Users that are employees of the Subscriber, at app.propertyme.com ; and
- for Invited Users that are customers of the Subscriber, at my.propertyme.com .
You and Your means the Subscriber and, where the context permits, an Invited User.
Your Content has the meaning given in clause 4(a).
Date of last revision: 10 September 2018